Make a tax-free gift today with an IRA distribution
You can make an immediate tax-free gift by directly transferring to NEHGS up to $100,000 annually from your traditional IRA or Roth IRA (other qualified retirement plans such as 401(k)s and 403(b)s are not eligible). You must be at least 70 ½ years old to take advantage of this opportunity.
The benefits of a gift of an IRA distribution include:
- Satisfying the required minimum distribution.
- Avoiding income tax on IRA withdrawals.
- Supporting the important work of NEHGS with a tax-free gift.
IRA distributions can be an ideal method of giving if one or more of the following apply.
- Do not want to trigger income tax liabilities with required IRA withdrawals.
- Do not need all of your required IRA withdrawals to maintain your lifestyle.
- Do not itemize your taxes.
- Have already exhausted your charitable deduction limitations.
- Wish to remove assets from your future taxable estate.